Custom & Historic Wood Doors - Los Angeles
Click Below to Shop by Brand:
Tashman Home Center provides wood doors in may architectural and historic styles that are popular in homes here in Los Angeles: Spanish, Spanish Colonial, Traditional, Mid-Century Modern, Mediterranean, Craftsman and California Bungalow. Picking the right door and hardware is important to match the style of your home.
Does your wood door get a lot of sun? Do you want light to come through it? What kind of security do you need? How often do you do maintenance? Is your home in one of LA’s HPOZs, which requires all new or replacement windows and doors be made of wood?
Wood doors come in all types of woods, sizes and shapes. The old concern that wood doors warp is largely a thing of the past, from when doors were constructed of solid stock. Today, most entry doors have a core made of engineered wood that is less likely to warp or twist, which is then covered with a wood veneer. The thicker the veneer the better the door.
Don’t consider engineered doors as “cheaping out,” because with regular maintenance, such a door can easily match the life span of a house. While solid wood doors are still made, they are usually custom designed and come at a considerably higher price point than engineered doors.
If you’re looking for a paneled wood door, we recommend starting with a Douglas Fir door or an Alder door. These woods are popular because they are easily stained and can be matched to other woods in your home, like the flooring or railings.
Wood Door Maintenance
Over the years customers have requested that their front doors be replaced. Often the problem is not with the door but with the finish or paint job on the door. Other times the jamb or threshold was problematic, or the lock was broken. So, like anything in your home or business, wood doors need ongoing maintenance. To avoid having to replace your front door, oil its hinges and lock annually and, depending on how much sun it gets, paint or refinish the door every 2-5 years. Also, try to keep its weatherstripping clean so it doesn’t crack, drag, or get loose.
The Right Door For Your Home
Tashman Home Center works with a diverse range of companies to manufacture custom wood doors. We can reproduce and install traditional or modern styles for complete unit replacement, or repair and restore existing doors to their former beauty.
Types of Wood Doors
- Panel Doors, also known as slab doors, contain patterns of square or oblong panels and are a classic choice. A door may contain two large panels, six small ones or some other configuration. Choose panels with straight or curved tops to suit your decorating needs.
- Accordion Doors are ideal for closets and entryways with space constraints. They may consist of a few large panels or multiple small panels that fold in on themselves and rest against one side of the door opening.
- Bi-fold Doors are a good option for closets, laundry rooms, pantries, storage rooms and other smaller spaces in your home. Choose bifold doors that fold back to one side of the opening, or bifold doors that fold back to both sides of the opening.
- Barn Doors offer a classic, rustic look. They hang from a top rail, allowing them to slide over door openings.
- French Doors are gorgeous, and can brighten any room. They come in a variety of sizes, wood types, styles and glass pane configurations.
- Sliding Doors (either wooden or mirrored) are a good choice for closets. They use space economically, and mirrored doors do double duty. Large mirrors also make a room appear more spacious.
- Swinging Hinged Doors or Cafe Doors can add easy flow from room to room while maintaining privacy.
- Hidden Doors are becoming more popular in homes. They provide added security, as well as a touch of whimsy to a room. They usually take the form of an outer bookcase that slides or rotates to reveal a hidden room entrance. However, these doors can be created customized to encompass more elaborate designs.
- Pre-Hung Doors come with hinges in their own frame, ready to fit into your doorway.
Standard interior doors aren't all alike. Panel doors and flush doors are constructed in one of three ways: of solid wood, with a solid core, or with a hollow core.
Please visit our showroom to see our wood door selection or call us today to set up your free estimate on wood doors for your home.
Los Angeles HPOZ Resources & Tashman Incentives
Tashman Home Center is an approved vendor of Los Angeles’ Historic Preservation Overlay Zones and an expert in restoring and replacing windows and doors with historically correct materials and styles. To learn more about the HPOZ program and Tashman’s Incentives, please click here.
Professional Installation & Repair
Tashman's provides custom, professional window and door installation done with our own crews (License #: 298720) — not subcontractors. When it comes to windows and doors being replaced or installed, we guarantee our work with a warranty. At Tashmans, we're known for our attention to detail. If we do the installation, we make sure it's done right the first time. We pride ourselves on our craftsmanship for both window and door installation services.
For more information regarding replacement windows stop by Tashman Home Center (7769 Santa Monica Blvd., West Hollywood, CA 90046) or give us a call at (323) 409-9695 to set up an appointment.